Wednesday, August 26, 2009

No Name #3

In some aspects I've been thinking quite a bit recently. Starting in (late) September I'll be going back to school at Shoreline, so as to make sure I have a good chance of getting needed health insurance. I'm pretty disappointed I can't go to school/live in Oregon like I hoped to do, Portland has everything I want in life at the moment, minus the health insurance. My hip bleed weeks previous, and the possible severe complications it could've dealt made me realize that going back to Oregon now would just be foolish. I need that health insurance to be stable, so I must stay in Washington. Some point in the future, I hope to have an alternative which will cover me, or be affordable so I can go back to Oregon, but I must take what I'm given for the time being. At the same rate, I'm looking at finishing school fairly quickly, or at least a pace quicker than normal. If all goes well, I'll be done with Shoreline 16 months from now, and if the current insurance situation applies, another 16 months and I'll be done with my Bachelor's Degree. 32 months. And I'm done. A short step is my teacher's certification, and then it's life.

It may seem a lot at a glance, but it only feels short when I look at it now. I'm already looking at teacher's salaries, districts and what they offer, and the similar likes. It also makes me wonder what my life will be like in other aspects by that time. Will I have the same job I currently do? The same relationships with my current friends? I know my job now is pretty secure, and even in the slightest sense I'll have hours there while I attend school. But will I want to stay there for all that time? I'm slightly unsure of what to think, so I progress now for the moment's being. I've set a personal life goal for 20 months in the future, which would solidify some of my future life. And while I said earlier that 16, or even 32, months seems like a short while, waiting 20 months on something purely logistical feels far ahead.

I wonder about these things now and again.

No comments: