So it has been quite awhile since I updated my blog last. I've been having trouble being convicted enough to actually persuade myself to write, in the sense that I feel that there is a handful of people who actually read this and that I see them and/or talk them on a near regular basis. Regardless, I felt it would be good just to blog again.
So to catch up on the major events of my life since my last blog: I started playing Call of Cthulhu (a tabletop RPG) with some of my Edmonds friends, and slowly beginning a group in Seattle. I moved into Seattle at the end of January, my friend Cat posted an offering for a fairly cheap room and I took up the offer. I am continuing with my job at IMAX and my internship at Vera. Currently I'm in Washington D.C. (technically Arlington, Virginia) for a hemophilia event. But now for that to be broken down.
Honestly Call of Cthulhu has been one of my highlights in the past months. The game itself is fun, I have I have begun to run and write some of my scenarios with people from Seattle. But I think I appreciate the social-ness more. With Raven gone until May or so time spent discovering indescribable horrors with Stefan, Dustin, and others have been really good for me. it's really cool how trivial things like Lovecraftian horrors and nerf guns make life just a bit more calming, and awesome.
I love my new house. The only main drawback is that there is no fireplace. The house itself is about a hundred years old or so. It is also fairly close to where I work and intern so I have sliced my daily commute by two thirds. I do like my roommates but sometimes it can be difficult because of different age range or that I don't see them too often. I think next time I live with other people I want to have a longer established contact beforehand. Living in Seattle really enforces how much I don't like big cities, with a preference for smaller towns. My only excuse for staying is health insurance.
The insurance aspect is also a motivation for me looking for a new job soon. I cannot keep working at IMAX, as a hemophiliac who is on state public insurance working minimum wage is not feasible for a long period of time. I need something that's full time and potentially has health insurance benefits, and if not that, than enough money where I can pay for private insurance. Nothing is stopping me from making an all out attempt for job hunting, other than my Vera internship. I am still in my term until late April or May. I love my internship and could continue it longer than that, but I know that my health insurance is more important.
I will be registering for Spring quarter next with full financial aid at Shoreline and probably switch to the Seattle Community College system in the summer or Fall. I finished my FAFSA already and should get a Pell grant finally. I will be doing all my classes online basically. It'd just be too hard to do both FT school and job. I am definitely going to try and reapply for public health insurance again after it expires in July.
I am biking nearly day now. When in Seattle for a casual work/intern day I bike about 6 miles total a day. Since while I'm in D.C. I don't really have the exercise options I have been using the bike fitness machine in the hotel. And while it's not accurate (there's no way I was going 30 MPH) it gets the job done. I signed up for the Seattle to Portland bike ride in July and the Flying Wheels in June.
I am a bit worried about my idea of starting a bookstore. I am mainly worried if I will ever get enough starting funds for it and the planning and finding a suitable location. The former is another driving force for saving extra income from a full time job. The latter is more difficult and more critical in long term success. I am just worried.
That is about it.
Friday, February 26, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment